Welcome to our Blog!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Will the crying ever end???

I got such sad news on Saturday. Sister Hatch who is our Relief Society President was called to be in the Stake Relief Society presidency and I think she'll do a super great job, but since she is the president, it means that I'm getting released.

I left the Bishop's office in tears and have been crying sporadically ever since. My sweet hubby tried to comfort me, but being a guy he keeps sticking his foot in his mouth and making me mad. I think he has given up and just decided to let me bawl it out. :) My friend Shelli who is one of the counselors has cried along with me and understands so we commiserate together.

I can't explain very well why I love serving in the RS so much. Maybe it's the spirit that is there, or the chance to serve the sisters, or that since I'm so focused on others, it takes my mind off of the "me" issues. Maybe it's because this calling has forced me out of my shell and helped me to realize how much I do love the sisters in my ward. It could be the friendships that have developed among our little group and the chatting at the meetings I will miss. I don't know, but I do know that I'll miss it terribly.

Kevin and the kids have mixed feelings on the matter...Troy thinks that since I'm the ward "DEX" people will start getting confused, Annie and Taylor will miss the chance to play in the nursery while I make the hundreds of copies I make, Tyson won't miss anything...he doesn't have a clue and I think that once I stop crying, Kevin will be glad that I have more time.

I'll just be glad when the waterworks stop and I'm waiting on pins and needles to find out what I get to do next. :)

2 comments:

Llama Wanderings said...

I am moving and have to get released from the Primary Presidency, I am the secretary and have grown to love our ward deeply because of this calling. This is the calling that helped me get to know about half the ward, if you don't have a child in Primary I don't know you; even now. But, we found a cheaper better apartment so we are moving in about two weeks and I will miss this ward greatly. I can feel your disappointment.

I miss seeing Sister Hatch weekly, such an amazing spirt.

Janice said...

Darn, sometimes change can be hard.
I feel for you. Being the secretary is a really fun calling.
I know you will miss it but hey,
there is always the President to fill. Watch out!!
Sister Hatch will do a great job in the stake. She is good with visiting with others.
Keep us posted who the new president is. You are awesome!!