Welcome to our Blog!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

9*1*1

I can't tell you how many times I've heard a story about a child dialing 911 just by messing around and pushing buttons. I've always laughed and I'll admit that I felt a little smug that I've never had to go through that. Until now.......

I had a leadership meeting tonight and Troy was in charge. I called when I left to make sure everything was ok and I was informed that Tyson got a hold of the phone while Troy was in the bathroom and sure enough called 911. (how is that they dial that number? The buttons are on opposite ends of the keypad!)

Troy tried to reassure the operator that all was ok and that it was a 2 year old that had called, but 5 minutes after I got home and very nice deputy was knocking on the door to check everything out. He took a good look at each kid to make sure they weren't being mistreated and went on his way. I tried to get him to arrest Tyson and take him with, but no such luck.

So, the phones are put up high and I'm appropriately humbled. :)

3 comments:

Llama Wanderings said...

How embarrassing! Glad the deputy took it so casually.

Julie said...

hahahahahaha! i love that kid, he gets into so much trouble.

Janice said...

That is a little funny!! I'm glad that it happens to other people too. Good thing you had a nice sherrif come over to your house.