Last week we took the kids on a little day trip to Old Tucson Studios. We had so much fun. We got there when the park opened and stayed until they kicked us out. It was a fun adventure. :)
Here, Kevin and the kids are panning for gold. $2 got you a pan and a tube to put your gold chunks in. Troy, Annie and Taylor each filled their tubes...Tyson decided it was more fun to splash around in the water and get us all wet.
In the Cemetary there were lots of grave markers that were funny...this one was the funniest of them all and I couldn't resist taking a picture.

The little cemetary next to the church.

Annie playing the old organ in the church.

The little white church on the hill. (Yes the pictures are out of order...I'm tired of trying to figure it out) :)

This is the "Reno". It was in several movies and now is an exhibit. We even got to go into the engine and look around at the controls.

These coffins were lined up next to a building and each of the kids wanted to "try one out". This is Baby Face Tyson, the famous hobby horse thief.

Eagle eyed Troy, the fastest gun slinger in the west.

Annie Bananie, the best poker face in town.

Taylor the laughing bandit...he held up more trains than any other outlaw.

Eagle Eyed Troy in jail awaiting his sentence.

What a bunch of criminals...it was tempting to just walk away and leave them all locked up. :)

There was a little train that took you around the entire set. Tyson loved it and so we rode it several times. Here are the kids with the conductor.

The little Engine car.

One of the funner activities were the cars. Annie was excited to drive her own.

Troy having fun driving his own car.

Tyson got to drive as well. I just sat back and pushed the gas for him and he got to steer. Thank goodness for the guide...there was about two feet of leeway, so we bounced around a lot. Most of the ride he spent giggling and squealing when he would almost send us into the trees. :)

I tried to get my video option up and going so I could video the ride with Tyson from the passenger point of view, but it wasn't working right. I did catch a couple of pictures though. We spent most of the ride bouncing from one side of that metal bar to the other and laughing.

Finally, the Carousel. I think the kids rode it 3 or 4 times...there wasn't a crowd there, so we got to do everthing more than once which is good when your two year old is yelling "ride, ride" all the time.

Kevin and I rode the carousel twice and that was it for our equilibrium. It was more fun to sit back and watch the kids.

I have so many other pictures, but these were my favorite. I would highly recommend a trip there if you've never been. Take your camera, take lots of water, and be ready to have a lot of fun. :)
1 comments:
This looks like such a fun day. I'm glad you got to go there. We tried one time but we got there when they were getting ready to close so we didn't do it. We never went back to try. Looks like a fun place.
Post a Comment