On Saturday, Troy and I headed over to pre-register him for high school (*sigh and sniff*). He'll be attending Poston Butte High School which is in the process of being built and will open just in time for school to start in July.
We had a chance to talk with his football coaches and meet the teachers that have been hired. It's kind of exciting to be a part of opening a new school. Troy's class will be the first class to graduate having gone there all four years, and this is a technology based school. Each student gets a laptop instead of books and everything is done electronically which is kind of cool.
I had the chance to sign up for the Booster Club. I remember my folks doing that and it's hard to see myself as being old enough to be a part of it but it will be fun to do what I can to help the boys on the team out. Last I checked I was the only one signed up...hopefully other parents will sign up too. :)
So anyway...my kids just keep getting older and older and now we have a new adventure to go on. It makes me a little nervous, but as all good parents say....GO BRONCOS! :)
Monday, March 2, 2009
High School
Posted by Crazy Petersens at 5:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i've said it before and i'll say it again...the words high school and troy should never be used in the same sentence. he's still 5 right???
Tell me about it. I feel so old. :)
Post a Comment