Welcome to our Blog!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Camp Geronimo

Troy spent last week at Camp Geronimo in Payson. He had so much fun. He set a goal to earn 4 merit badges and he got them all. Only 2 more merit badges and he can start working on an Eagle Project.

There were lots of things to do...bow and arrows, shooting, swimming, hiking, climbing, etc. and Troy made the most of his time there. For the second year in a row he'll earn the "I did it all" patch which is exciting for him.

I think the highlight of his time this year was the Wilderness Preparedness badge. He got to sleep outside in a shelter he made and said he enjoyed it. (yep...definitely a scout).

Here he is at the church ready and excited to go.
Also a before shot, but he is getting impatient because I'm taking pictures and he wants to go NOW!!! I keep reminding him that it's my job as his mother to drive him crazy...hopefully he'll learn to deal with it. :)
As you can see from this picture he came home extremely tired and still impatient because I wanted to take an "after" picture. (it's too much fun to antagonize him, he he he)
He's glad to be home and in his own bed but he's also looking forward to our family campout this week and Silver Axe next week. I'm so glad that he's having fun and getting these opportunities to learn and grow. Now, my only wish for him would be to learn to have patience with his mother. :)

2 comments:

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

He is such a GREAT young man! He gets that from his parents. :) (I almost said kid, they all grow up too fast) That is so neat that he earned so many awards. What a great scouting program! Tell him that he is my boys HERO.

Julie said...

oh my gosh! everytime I see pictures of him I can't believe it's Troy. I want my little buddy that used to follow me around back. I guess Taylor and Tyson will have to take over that part. He is seriously growing up too fast.