Welcome to our Blog!

Monday, June 15, 2009

What dignity?

Tyson does not like Sundays. He doesn't like getting up early, or putting on his fancy clothes, or being forced to sit quietly. Yesterday was no exception.

Kevin (who is usually the "go to guy" when Tyson gets naughty) was up taking care of some clerk duties so I was wrestling Tyson by myself. He got to the floor behind our bench and wasn't minding, so I got up and went to pick him up to take him out. He thought he was going to get off easy since I still can't quite bend over all the way and he was laying on the floor. Unfortunately for him, I can bend part of the way and he stuck his foot in the air. I was so desperate to get him out and quiet that I just grabbed his foot, hauled him up and dragged him out of Sacrament meeting while he was hanging upside down.

It was not my most dignified moment, nor have I heard the last of it from the amused members of the ward who thought it was pretty dang funny. I hear the look on his face was priceless. :)

2 comments:

Emily Hughes said...

lol...my husband and I were snickering too. Such a fun age.

Janice said...

Cute story. I think you handled it very well.

Just coming by to see what you have been up to. Looks like you have had a lot going on at your home. Glad to see you are surviving. I'm ready to join blogland again. Just making a few visits for the night. I have missed seeing what everyone has been up to. Have a great week!!