Welcome to our Blog!

Friday, November 7, 2008

Eagle Time

We have finally started project: Help Troy earn his Eagle. We spent a good part of October writing up the plan, meeting with people and getting signatures. The good news is that it's approved!!!!!

The good, but hard news is that it's time to put that plan into action. So, we are asking friends, family, and anyone really to help.

Troy is collecting toys, books, games, puzzles, craft projects, yarn, batting, and material in either 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 yard lengths. These items must be new.

He will be using the yarn, batting, and material to make baby quilts and beenies for the Pediatric Ward of Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. Everything else is going to Andrea's Closet.

Andrea's closet is an organization that was created in honor of Andrea, a little girl who passed away from Lukemia. The closet is full of toys and other things and children who are in the hospital for surgery or treatment. When a child is in the hospital they can go to the closet to choose something to make their hospital stay easier.

With the economy we know things are tight, but every little bit helps. If you are able to donate one of the items mentioned above or can give a few dollars (your donation is tax deductible) to help him with this, it would be appreciated.

If you are able to donate anything and don't live near us, please leave a comment with your contact info and we'll get you our address. I won't publish those comments that have personal info.

Thanks in advance for all the help. Troy is learning the joy of service through this project and wants to be able to donate as many items to the children as possible. With your help, he can realize his goals and earn his Eagle.

1 comments:

Dizzy Kate said...

What a wonderful boy you have! I still remember being in primary with Troy and I've always been impressed with him. It is so wonderful that he is learning the joy in serving others. What a wonderful cause too! I am going to go through the girl's toys. The toy room is out of control right now. It is such a mess and I'm sick of toys. Every year around this time I clean out their toy room and donate the toys that they never play with. I don't know how many toys there will be, but every little bit counts.