So, I'm an old fart not in any way "with it". I guess it was inevitable, but it still sucks to come to this realization.
One of my piano students and I "chat" on Facebook and one of her most typed things is IDK. I didn't know what it meant, so I finally asked her about it and this is pretty much how our conversation went:
Me: "Emily...what does IDK mean?"
Emily: "I don't know."
Me: "If you don't know, then why do you type it?"
Emily: "No, I don't know"
Me: "Has your mother talked to you about saying or typing things you don't know about?"
Emily (after staring at me like I was an idiot): "Sister Petersen, IDK means I don't know."
Me: "Oh. Okay then, go ahead and play your songs (this was a last ditch effort to focus her attention away from my very red and embarrassed face)."
So, now I know and I can add it to the other "shortcuts" in language I know like SOL, LOL, ROFL, and LMAO. My only hope is that by the time I figure out how to text I can read what other text back to me. It's going to take some time and tutoring. Where is a teenager when I need one? ☺
Saturday, August 7, 2010
IDK??????
Posted by Crazy Petersens at 8:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment