Super Cross was in town last weekend and Kevin was given tickets to go see it with the me and the kids. All we knew was that it involved motorcycles and that Empire had provided the machinery but we were excited for a family outing so off we went.
Instead of fighting traffic all the way over we decided to ride the light rail. So fun!!!! Since we got on at the beginning of the line, we had our choice of seats and got very comfy for our trip (not so comfy on the way home, but still fun).
Annie and Troy smiling, enjoying the ride and decked out in their Cowboy's gear (which caused issues, but we'll get to that). Taylor was fascinated by how close the trains passed each other and loved having the window seat. The lake was fun for him too.
Friday, January 22, 2010
SuperCross!
On the way home, the train was so crowded. Tyson was tired and cranky so the riders helped me find a seat so I could hold him, but Kevin and the kids were on their feet until after we made the last ASU stop. We experienced our first run in with a drunk man. He was a funny guy and completely wasted and he and Troy had a heated, but good natured argument for about 6 miles regarding football and the fact that 3 out of 6 in our family had Cowboys gear on (which to him was sacrilege). I had almost as much fun watching him than I did watching the races and it was hard not to laugh. (we did wring an object lesson out of it though...couldn't help myself ☺)
When the Cowboys lost, Troy watch the score for the Chargers (Mr. Funny's favorite pick). When the Chargers lost, Troy turned to me and said, "Well, my drunk friend is probably getting drunk again". I shouldn't have laughed, but it caught me off guard and I lost it. Oh well...there are other people that can be an example...right? Right?
All in all it was a great activity and lots of fun. I would have loved to get more pictures, but maybe next time. Hopefully when it comes back next year, we can go again.
Posted by Crazy Petersens at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment