Welcome to our Blog!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

An Important Lesson

Annie has learned one of life's important lessons this week....never chew gum while wrestling with your brothers because it WILL fall out of your mouth, and then it WILL get stuck in your hair, and then you WILL have to get a haircut. (keep in mind that she has been warned about this)

When she realized she'd lost her gum, she looked for it and finally found it in her hair...then she tried to pull it out which led to strings and globs everywhere. So, out came the scissors and comb and I gave her a haircut.

I was able to do an A-line cut and save most of her hair. She wasn't happy though and she spent the rest of the day telling me how terrible she looked. I thought it turned out pretty cute myself and after going to school the next day and getting lots of compliments, she decided it was cute too. :)

Front View:
Side View:

Back View:
She did tell me that she will grow it out again and that she will never, ever again chew gum while wrestling. Ahhhh...validation (finally!). :)

5 comments:

charlotte said...

Here hair is adorable~

Janice said...

The lessons that one has to learn.
Wow, I'm impressed that you were able to cut her hair. Did you go to beauty school at all?

Lachelle said...

Did your mother not teach you that peanut butter helps get gum out of the hair? I used that remedy a couple times in my younger days. Saves a haircut. But you did such a fabulous job that Annie is probably secretly grateful she got gum stuck in her hair :)

Julie said...

it looks so good. mom used to get so made a me when i would get gum stuck in my hair...oh the joys.

Marily said...

Her haircut looks great. Good job--I am impressed.