We have had an awesome Easter. I love this holiday...and not just for the unlimited chocolate available or the candy tax from the kid's baskets. ;) I love the celebration of the Resurrection and the message of hope and love it brings. I also love Easter traditions. Most of these I have carried on from my childhood.
Thursday night we colored our eggs. Troy was such a helper in keeping Tyson as dye free as possible. Tyson loved putting a while egg into the cup and pulling a colorful egg out of the cup. He would laugh and clap each time.
Annie and Taylor coloring their eggs. It's nice that the kids are getting big enough to do theirs by themselves...less ick for me to have to get into. :)

Taylor and Tyson waiting on pins and needles for their eggs to get done.

Yay!!! A beautiful colorful egg!

Sunday was a beautiful day...lots of sunshine, not too hot, cool breeze. A perfect day for Easter. The Easter bunny brought each of the kids a bag of candy and an Easter outfit. Here is Tyson showing off his new duds. This is his first suit and he is quite proud of it. After we dressed him this morning, he went and looked in the mirror and shouted "WooHoo!". He knew he was stylin'. And yes, that is chocolate on his face. The suit was cool, but candy is king.

Annie in her new dress. The Easter bunny had a heck of a time finding a dress that was modest...he still had to buy a shirt to go under it. Maybe next year he can contract out to a seamstress for a little help. :)

Taylor looking good in his new suit. Taylor loves to dress up and Sunday is the best day because he can wear a tie and a vest which to him is very cool. (Kevin wonders how what genes brought that on since he and I are very casual in the way we dress...I think it's pretty fun.)

Troy with a new shirt and tie and newly straightened teeth. I can't believe how grown up he's getting!

While waiting for the eggs to be ready to hunt, Tyson started taking "pictures". Here he is taking pictures of me taking pictures of him. What a character!

Taylor hunting the eggs...he found some of the harder hides.

Kevin and Troy helping Tyson. Tyson kept thinking that the eggs were balls and threw them repeatedly. It's a good thing we turn them into egg salad...they were pretty smushed.

It was a fun weekend with lots to do and lots of family time. I hope that everyone's Easter was a spiritual and blessed as ours!
1 comments:
What a fun Easter. It is sooo hard to find modest dresses for my girls too! It's crazy. How is being the Relief Society President calling going? I think you are a wonderful person!
Post a Comment