For the past few months, my hands have been randomly going to sleep. Usually a little shake and some flexing will bring them back. Saturday morning I woke up and my right hand was numb. No amount of shaking, flexing, stretching, anything would wake it up. The inside of my wrist was also throbbing in pain.
My first thought was carpal tunnel which concerned me because I don't have time in my schedule for surgery or recovery. So, I went to my good friend who is a Chiropractor and he did some tests and some checking and said that I have Bursitis in my wrist and...hold on, I had to write this word down...Medial Epicondylitis, also known as Golfer's or Pitcher's elbow. (how someone who doesn't do either got that, I'll never know...I don't even exercise for heaven's sake!) I have it in both hands, but my right is worse.
There are a few downsides....wrist braces for a couple of weeks (which look stupid), numb fingers that don't work right, not being able to style my newly straightened hair, etc.
On the up side, maybe someone will feel sorry for me and bring me cookies. ;)
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
What-itis?
Posted by Crazy Petersens at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have tennis elbow in my right arm and I have never picked up a racket outside of the required tennis week in high school gym class! My chiropractor gave me some stretches to do to help it. Of course, I do not do them nearly as often as I should be!
I'm sorry to hear about your annoying condition. I hope that it heals soon. You crack me up how you describe it.
Jolene....I am so sorry! What a pain. I am bringing you cookies on Dec 26th....is that too long to wait?
Can I tell you though that you are the funniest person I know?! I have been laughing so hard Ryan had to come and see what was going on. That started him laughing....my cheeks hurt! :) I miss you and love you!
Hey, I had/have the same thing! I looked it up on the internet and then saw a doctor. I can't talk on the phone for more than a minute or two, because my hand aches and falls asleep. I also have to straighten it when I drive and make sure I don't bend my elbows for very long while I sleep. Weird! I'm glad I have another think in common with you. Maybe we got a bug in Kanab.
Post a Comment