Welcome to our Blog!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Independence Day

I love Independence Day (NOT 4th of July like so many insist on calling it).  My grandfather was wounded in WWII fighting for our country, and he and my other grandfather who served worked hard to instill a love of country, a respect of others, and patriotism in each of us.  I am forever grateful for their sacrifices and lessons.

This year, we decided on a quiet family celebration.  We grilled steaks, made homemade ice cream, and lit sparklers.  It was quiet, but fun.

Tyson, our little pyro loved his "fire".  :)
 Troy was the official lighter....
 Annie and Tyson enjoying MORE fire....
 Cute Mr. Taylor...
I am so thankful for all the men and women who not only serve now, but for those who have served before them.  I'm especially thankful for the boys and girls who will choose to serve in the future, especially my Troy.  Happy Independence Day!

0 comments: