Warning...this is going to be a real downer post. Mostly I just need a place to vent a little.
Have you ever followed a course of action that you knew was right but that you also knew would cause a lot of pain? I did this weekend and I've hurt someone badly. She is a friend...someone I love dearly and she confided in me some struggles she was having. I have kept those struggles to myself and will continue to do so, but this weekend, due to other circumstances, the spirit guided me to share those with our bishop. The thought just kept coming to my mind that I'm not only her friend but her RS president as well and that I needed to see that she got some help.
Now she knows I have violated her trust and she is hurt and angry and I can't blame her one bit. Some friend I am. I have been in tears all morning just thinking about her and feeling horrible for the choice I made...and yet at the same time, I have peace in knowing that the Lord wanted the bishop to know.
I hope that someday she will understand the prayer and thought that went into my decision. I hope that she realizes that I love her and I hope someday that I'll regain her trust. Sometimes life just sucks.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
:(
Posted by Crazy Petersens at 8:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear of the tough situation you found yourself in. The bottom line is that you followed the spirit, and you can't go wrong there. I too hope and pray your friend will be able to get over her hurt and receive the help and love you are offering her.
I am sure your friend will come to the realization that you did what you were promtped to do...and although she doesn't see it yet, probably the best thing is that she now has the Bishop to talk with and vent and I am sure...help her more than she realizes...not that you can't help...it is just a different kind of help. You are awesome Jolene and I can't see a true friend holding a grudge against you...
I'm so sorry that this had to happen. I hope this friend will see in time that it was needed. You are amazing and I know that you listened to the spirit and did the right thing. I just hope the friend can see in time that your heart was in the right place.
Post a Comment