Welcome to our Blog!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jumpy the Walk

Inside this creature catcher is a bug that has entertained Taylor and Annie most of this afternoon. His name is Jumpy the Walk.
Annie and Taylor caught Jumpy today. He's a fly that can't fly, so they decided that he's really a walk and they named him Jumpy 'cause he jumps. They have watched him non stop all afternoon and even went so far and to give him a piece of cheese for his dinner. He has slowly gotten less jumpy, so they are worried he'll die soon.

As a mom I know I should be encouraging them in their adventure and showing the proper sadness at Jumpy's upcoming demise, but I'm having a hard time with this. The best I can do is pretend that I like him and give them a "this is part of the circle of life" speech from Lion King. Seeing as how they have had so much fun and how they are determined to catch another bug, I'll have to come up with something better I guess. ;)

**quick update...Annie and Taylor just brought Jumpy in to me, and he is on his back with his legs in the air. Time of death: 8:11 pm. They are so sad and I still can't find it in me to mourn a fly, er, I mean walk. I may need professional help....where is SuperNanny?

1 comments:

Nettie said...

You crack me up. I hand-fed a pet preying mantis once for one of my foster kids. It was the ultimate act of love and VERY difficult. When a bird got it (long story), the child shrugged his shoulders and said, "food chain" as he threw the little home into the trash. I wanted to kick myself.