Welcome to our Blog!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mr. Scout

Tonight was Troy's scout Court of Honor. He earned several awards from Camp Geronimo, several patches for some hikes he went on, and he got 9 merit badges (the last of the ones he needed to start working on his Eagle.)
He also got a rank advancement...his Life. Now all he has left is his Eagle project and the 6 month wait and he'll have his Eagle!!!
Troy was awarded his "On my Honor" award from the Bishop. So far he's the only Aaronic Priesthood holder in the ward to have earned it...pretty cool!
I thought I'd include this picture as well because I get a kick out of it. We bought a booster chair for Tyson and had Troy install it. Mr. Scout decided he didn't need the directions and this is how it was attached...proper knots and all! The only problem is that it was wrong. We had a good laugh and then made him do it right. He wasn't too happy about that...according to him "it's fiiiiiiine". :)
I'm so proud of Troy and we are looking forward to helping him with his Eagle project and to him earning his Eagle early next year. YYYAAAYYY Troy!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Good job Troy!! I love the booster seat picture, hehehe. He is definetly a scout...and what is it with guys and not wanting instructions?

Llama Wanderings said...

CONGRATS TROY!

I LOVE the booster seat! That was hilarious! I laughed like crazy! I'm so glad you included that!

Nettie said...

My boys need role models like Troy. I'm so glad you posted this. I'm going to show Greggory and Craig. They love Scouts, and since they can't be baptized, they can feel like they are acheiving something and can belong, by doing well in the scouting program. Way to go Troy! Thank you. You're a great example!

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

Troy is so great! I saw him pushing Tyson in the stroller around the neighborhood the other day. What a great young man...(I was going to say kid...) We love you guys!